j.crew review: boy popover in bows.

Posted by Unknown
Hi everyone!

Quick review today of the J.Crew Boy Popover in Bows, which comes in the color Vintage Burgundy. I've been ordering up to a 6 in popovers lately, so did the same with this one.

The color is really gorgeous, a deep red, not burgundy to my eyes. In the silk cotton, it has that pretty luster. The bows are a super dark navy, but I think could read black if that's what you're wearing. Nobody will call you out.

I feel like this needs more length. Or maybe I should size up? I don't know, I just didn't feel like it laid the way it needed to on me. I think I just wish maybe it came down a smidge more in the back so I could pair it with Minnies or something sleeker than jeans. I'm wearing a terrible pair of jeans, but they are dark and you can get a sense of the sheerness of it layered over dark pants. I like the ease of a popover for a dressier piece so you can wear it out comfortably and not look sloppy.

The silk-cotton is a bit fragile, though I do love the way it feels. There was a thread unraveling at the hem which annoyed me at this price.





















I think it's a very pretty piece and will work well for some of you. I can see it being wonderful for holiday parties. It didn't wow me enough to keep it myself, though I really, really wanted it to.

What do you think of this one?

BTW, Target is offering Buy One, Get One 50% for women's clothing, shoes and accessories. I happened to see this coat, and it reminded me of the old school J.Crew stripe coat I have from years ago. Cute!

I also saw their version of J.Crew's pave bracelet and thought it was a really nice version. A great gift if you can snag it for the 50% off ($10!).

Have a great day!
 

Copyright © 2009 maniac shopping | Design by [blogger merak dua]