j.crew reviews: skier sweater (new and old school!), red tartan popover, gold bar-stripe tee, pearl twisted hammock bracelet.

Posted by Unknown
Hi everyone!

I have some fun reviews of newer items from J.Crew, all of which I really love, hooray! Today is the last day for the extra 30-40% off sale, in case you're still considering some items. I have the Jeweled Sateen Shell on the way to wear for holiday parties. It just dropped again in price, to $59.99 before my 40% cardholder discount. (Warning, it's final sale. I tried it in store and loved it.)

Let's start with the Skier Sweater, which has gotten a lot of positive reviews in blogland. I ordered a small, which is my normal size, and it's fitting true to size. The arms are fitted, but not too super tight. With another shirt underneath, it just works. The body is a looser fit, which is fine. I might have preferred a bit longer, leaner silhouette, I suppose. It's a blend, doesn't feel itchy or uncomfortable, but fairly soft. I love the vintage skier picture and the neutral colors. The arms are 3/4-sleeved, which is odd, but I get that they want you to layer a shirt and some arm candy these days. I don't mind it, as I'm always in a coat/gloves anyway. I ordered it with the extra 30% off and think that was a fair price for it. I think once it's marked down with a percentage off, it will sell out quickly. I wanted to be able to get a good amount of wear out of it, so am happy with the price I paid.



















Hey, J.Crew has done a skier sweater before, old-school style, in a merino cardigan. Here it is! Anyone have/remember this one?













The Red Tartan Popover is a classic plaid, love it. I sized up to a 6, which I prefer in the popovers, and am glad I did. A 4 would have been too tight at my hips. Arms might be a smidge long for petites. The red is a nice true red, very slightly washed out, but in a good way. It's not that super soft fabric they sometimes do, it's a bit more crisp. It's a nice weight, not flimsy. This one I put on and wore right away.



















The gold Bar-Stripe Tee is fabulous. I have the navy bar-stripe and have worn it a ton this year. I love the whole ivory/gold combo, so knew this would be a winner for me. It's great for the holidays, but I'll wear it year-round.

















The Pearl Twisted Hammock Bracelet snuck in under my radar until I noticed it was on promo, plus the nice discount.  I have had the necklace for a while, since it first came out, and love it, so was happy to see this version. It's a nice change-up from the crystals or tortoise that are constantly in rotation for me lately.



















I am so happy to have had a good group of items from JC. For a while, I was losing hope. :) Have you had any successes lately with them?

Have a fabulous day!
 

Copyright © 2009 maniac shopping | Design by [blogger merak dua]