everlane review: the slouchy (cashmere) tunic.

Posted by Unknown
Hi everyone!

I'll be back later today with a black friday shopping post - some of my favorite deals and picks. But a couple big ones: J.Crew has 30% off everything for everyone now (code HOLIDAY) and Anthro started a big pre-holiday sale today as well!

But I wanted to get this review up, in case anyone is wanting to put this one on their shopping list. :) I've never purchased anything from Everlane before, but have heard great reviews, both about product and mission.

If you're not familiar with Everlane, they are fairly new to the retail market, but there has been quite a buzz about them, mainly in their transparency with costs and factories, and in fair prices. They believe in showing the true cost to make items, and where they are made. Read more about them here.

The Slouchy Tunic in cashmere looked like exactly what I was looking for: warm, neutral color, cover the rear, v-neck, bit of casual slouch. I looked at their sizing charts, and based on their description "relaxed fit", I went with a small (my normal in J.Crew sweaters, a 6 in Boden tunics, if that helps). That was the perfect fit. It didn't feel skin-tight, and slouchy in all the right places, not sloppy. It hits mid-thigh. The taupe color is a darker taupe that will work with a lot of skin tones, but there is also a black and dark gray if you prefer. The cashmere is thick enough to hide lumps and bumps and be cozy, but isn't hugely thick and unwieldy, making you swelter the moment you walk into a heated building. I wore it with my J.Crew Signature Leggings and was so comfortable all day. Underneath, I'm wearing the Women's V Tee in white in a size small. It works perfectly under the tunic and is a great classic v-neck, priced at $15. (Note, if you buy two items, shipping is free). This tunic was made in Hong Kong, in a factory run by a Mr. Chu, who started as a factory worker himself.   (Sorry for the mirror pictures, but it was all I could manage that day!)



















What do you think of the tunic? Have you shopped Everlane before? I'm a fan for sure now.

Back soon with Black Friday deals!  
 

Copyright © 2009 maniac shopping | Design by [blogger merak dua]