jcrew 25-30% off and reviews: lace peplum top, embroidered peasant top in stripe.

Posted by Unknown
Hi everyone!

It was a rough week last week, yikes. Between my back and a bad, feverish virus, yikes. But the virus has flown the coop, so that's a definitely improvement. Staying in bed so long wasn't great for my back of course, but I'll get there. In the meantime, let's look at some pretties to take our minds off that business. J.Crew has a new promo up, 25% off with code GIFTGIVING, and if you have a J.Crew card, get 30% off with code CARDGIFTS. This can be used on regular and sale items, fun! I'm planning to order a Christmas gift with the gold Bar-stripe tee as a ridealong.

The previous peplum tops at J.Crew have been total fails on me, so I was wary of the Lace Peplum Top, but the lace drew me in. This one actually feels and looks much more flattering on, more proportionate, but it's just a little too short. A wee bit more length, and I might have grabbed this one. I tried on a small, and it felt a smidge tight, but not enough to want to size up. It doesn't have a lot of stretch, if I recall. I worried the lace would feel itchy, but it's very soft inside, no itch. I'd say TTS, but if you have a long torso, it might not work out.











The Embroidered Peasant Top in Stripe looked much better in person than on screen. I loved the soft feel of it, and the look appealed to me, so I gave it a whirl. I didn't see my regular size 4, so grabbed a 6, thinking that might give me better length. I actually liked the size 6 on me, but will say that in the pictures, it doesn't look super flattering. It looked better IRL, since you can see the flowy/drapey-ness of it, if that makes sense. I wish they had added a little more length, to make it a bit more tunic-y. I think the plaid version looks cute for casual Christmas.















What do you think of these items? Are you shopping this promo?

I have an Everlane review coming up too, of the Slouchy Cashmere Tunic in taupe, which I loooove.
 

Copyright © 2009 maniac shopping | Design by [blogger merak dua]