thanksgiving ootd, talbots holiday wear reviews, and some sale picks.

Posted by Unknown
Hi everyone!

Thank you all so much for the warm Thanksgiving wishes! We had a wonderful day, full of family, food and possibly too much wine. ;)  Luckily, not too much to prevent our braving the masses on Black Friday!

Here is what I wore on Thanksgiving:  J.Crew wool Bella Jacket (with many thanks to JCA Marlene!),  LOFT Gemstone Necklace Cotton Tee (40% off the store with code ENJOY, I sized up to a medium, love it!), J.Crew Andie Chinos (30% off with HOLIDAY) and J.Crew Bijoux Bow Flats (similar).













Black Friday was a lot of fun and very productive. My mom, sister and I go as a tradition every year. We don't do the big box stores that get insane. We head out about 5:00am (almost my normal wake-up time anyway), and just go to the mall.  You'd be surprised at how quiet it is. All the best deals happen before noon, with a lot of 50% off entire stores, BOGO deals, etc. Nobody is pushing and fighting -- it's really just like a normal day at the mall.  We usually split up for a while to get our major purchases done, drop them at the car, then wander around a bit together. We go out for a lovely lunch and we're done. This year, we were all very successful in finding what we needed. I'm nearly done with my shopping, and am looking forward to wrapping it all up.

I stopped in Talbots for a gift, and ended up trying a couple pretty and festive items that would be fabulous for parties this season. They were offering 50% off one item until noon, and 40% off everything else. Today they are offering 30% off your purchase.

I first tried on a super cute Sequin Stripe Tee in red/ivory. It was in the sale section already, so a very nice deal. It's not so much a tee as it is a lightweight sweater. It's a rayon/poly blend, but didn't feel itchy. The only issue with it, is that the sequins can easily catch and snag if you're not careful.

















I had to try on the Flocked-Dot Dress, paired with the Bow-clasp Pearl Necklace. I loved this whole combo! It felt very comfortable, very Audrey and classic. You could easily dress it up or down. Not everyone loves sleeveless, but I actually like to wear them at parties with a short cardi over it, especially if I'm hosting and get hot!  With the 50% off, the dress was just over $50 - such a steal! I tried on a size 4, and felt like it was a good fit. They didn't have a 6 to try out, which is my normal Talbots dress size. So I'd say TTS to slightly big.

















There are still tons of sales going on this weekend.  Did you shop the 20% off at Anthro yesterday? They are still offering 20% off sale today, which is nice. I noticed that the Bravura Flats that I love finally were discounted, as is the Cora Cardigan (have and love in ivory!) and Lace Divide Tee. Lots of pretty little items in the house section for gifts, like their cute towels and owl cookie jars. I was sad I didn't snag the hedgehog pencil holder on my wishlist! :)



Madewell is offering 25% off everything, with free shipping, no minimum with code FEAST25. Awesome about the free ship. The Cap-Toe Skimmer that I've had my eye on has dropped to $99 before the promo. Love that pecan/black combo. The Sterling Silver Pendant Bracelet is a super cute gift.






J.Crew still has their 30% off going on with code HOLIDAY. I think it would have been smarter for them to offer free shipping all weekend. And Black Friday should have been something great, like 50% off sale in store. My store was pretty empty.  I did see the Skier Sweater and thought it was super cute in person. I will have a review soon!











J.Crew Factory is still 50% off the whole site and store. I received the Stripe Sequin Bird Tee and think it's very well done, just as nice as the retail version, but I think the tee is thicker? I've been wearing my printed Flannel Pajama Pants and love them. I'd say they are TTS, and haven't been shrinking too much. If you're worried about that, you can size up and I think they'll still fit just fine.











Have a great day! We're off to put lights up outside and on our tree! :)
 

Copyright © 2009 maniac shopping | Design by [blogger merak dua]